Class of 2020 GRADUATION
Graduation will consist of two parts. There will be an online portion made available the morning of May 30th via the school social media platform. There will also be a live portion at 2:00 p.m. on May 30th. This plan was discussed with the 2020 Seniors at checkout and they were in agreement with it and it has been approved by Baca County Public Health.
The online portion will consist of:
- The Salutatorian address (please make arrangements with Mr. Lasley to film this prior to Wednesday May 27th).
- The Valedictorian address (please make arrangements with Mr. Lasley to film this prior to Wednesday May 27th).
- The Senior slide show (Seniors please have your potion of the show to Mr. Ricker by Wednesday May 27th).
- Each senior presentation will culminate with a slide of future plans Mrs. Walker will provide.
The live portion will consist of a parade and diploma presentations:
- Seniors will meet and line up in the West Parking Lot of the school on May 30th by 1:30 p.m. In caps and gowns.
- Seniors and parents will ride in a single vehicle, or families with parents who do not cohabitate may ride in 2 vehicles. (More on that later)
- Seniors may decorate the vehicle if they so choose. Please do not throw candy from vehicles in the parade.
- The parade route is attached.
- The parade will consist of only the 14 seniors and parents.
- Emergency vehicles and first responders (anything with lights and sirens) are invited to line Longhorn Drive (West 5th Ave.) from Main to Santa Fe St. and make the final sendoff loud and bright.
- Community members and extended family are encouraged to line the parade route as they social distance and cheer on the seniors.
- When returning to the School at the end of the parade, each senior and parents will exit their vehicle, Moms will be given a flower from the Senior, Seniors will then receive a diploma, it will be certified and seniors will turn their tassel. Families will then have a moment for a photo op. in front of the high school. Seniors with parents who do not cohabitate will all join for this moment. This process will repeat until all Seniors have received diplomas. Only Seniors and Parents may be part of this process. 3 people for parents who cohabitate, 5 people for parents who do not cohabitate. No substitutions for missing parents please.
- Kelly Rose is the official photographer for Graduation.
- Once a senior has a diploma their part in the ceremony is complete.
- 5th Ave. in front of the school will be closed to spectators. The diploma presentations will be live streamed via the SPRE4 Facebook page.
- Spectators please respect social distancing guidelines during the parade.